Factors Affecting Video Rating
YouTube video advertising knowledge may be found in abundance on forums and blogs. They enumerate dozens of variables that determine the top pick. However, most of these markers have a minor impact, and it would be difficult to produce a meaningful outcome if you only followed this advise blindly. We studied over 100 films and identified the characteristics that have the greatest impact on video ratings. If you consider these factors, you can learn how to market a best way to promote YouTube videos channel for free.
The most important aspects are:
- Audience loyalty. It is significantly easier to reach the top of the list if your movie is long (10 minutes or more) and has a high retention rate.
- Header and description have been improved. The keys should be included in the header and the first few lines of the description (see below for details). The description should be as detailed as possible and, most importantly, original.
- The total number of views. YouTube can’t simply disregard videos with a large number of views. They also feature a unique “number of views” filter. It’s critical to remember that fraudulent beliefs are useless. If you pay for bot views, the results could be disastrous.
Secondary factors include:
- Number of likes and dislikes The ratio between the total number of likes and dislikes and the total number of views. It used to be a really powerful factor, but it’s now incredibly inexpensive to enhance it through fraud. YouTube currently only counts natural likes, which are those that originate from individuals who have seen the video, commented on it, or otherwise shown their legitimacy.
- Subscribers who subscribed after seeing the video or while watching it. This factor is important, but only if the subscriber engaged with the content.
- Adding to favourites and sharing These factors are also easy to manipulate, so they’ll only produce results if there’s any social media involvement after the sharing. In other words, if a video received 100 tweets but no visitors, it’s considered fraud viewing. YouTube will consider it a positive dynamic if it receives 100 retweeted tweets that result in new visits.
- Using famous websites to embed videos. If a video receives views through third-party websites, such as video plugins, this is unquestionably a good indication for YouTube. External links from well-known websites are the same.
- The file’s name. This is not a significant factor in my opinion. However, using a term in the video title will almost certainly not make matters worse.
The Most Important Aspects of Video Promotion
Let’s start with the most common factor, which is stated in every blog and conference. Audience retention is calculated as a percentage. It shows how many people have watched your video all the way through. The video will be more fascinating if the percentage is higher. If it’s bad, I doubt you’ll watch a 10-minute video. On the contrary, you’ll be sure to see a good one through to the end.
Is your video going to be long or short?
Many people have heard that they should keep their videos short in order to keep the audience engaged. It makes sense because more people will watch a 30-second chair evaluation all the way through than a 10-minute one. Is this, however, the best type of video for YouTube? Let’s look at the videos from YouTube’s perspective. Advertising is how it makes money. A user’s likelihood of watching adverts increases as his time on the site increases. So, which is more profitable for YouTube: a 2-minute video with 80% of viewers watching to the finish, or a 30-minute video with just 50% of viewers watching to the end?
YouTube keyword suggestions
Consider the most effective method for locating keywords for YouTube videos. When gathering a site’s semantic kernel, the following is the most common method:
- Google’s keyword research tool
- databases of keywords
- Parcers, search prompters
- Keywords that are relevant.
When gathering semantics for videos, keep in mind that the most popular queries as determined by the keyword tool aren’t always the greatest pick for SEO. The problem is that Google assigns a varying number of top videos to various searches. Some queries may return no results, while others may provide the entire top video list.
What Are Some Free Video Promotion Tips?
- Gathering opinions. It’s critical to gain as many views as possible in the first 2-3 days. It will improve the video’s chances of reaching the top of the page, if not the entire page. In general, there isn’t anything new here. You can order social media publications if you have the financial means to do so. If you don’t, you should make use of all you can, including social media profiles, your website, and newsletters. 2. Working with cards and annotations Annotations are a powerful tool for achieving a video’s KPIs, such as gaining subscribers, drawing visitors to your website, or increasing a specific behavioural element, among other things. 3. Getting in touch with your audience/calls to action You won’t have to wait long if you ask a user to do something in annotation and comments (like, comment, or share). Maintaining a dialogue with users is critical. This is beneficial not only from a YouTube standpoint, but it also allows you to better understand your customers and hence improve your future videos.
Video Analytics on YouTube
It’s time to work with analytics after you’ve uploaded a few videos. Even the most basic analytics can provide a wealth of information. Consider the following two important factors:
Analytics for Retention
There are two types of retention reports in Analytics:
Absolute Audience Retention – compares the number of views for a specific period to the total number of views to indicate how the viewer’s interest drops while watching the video.
Relative Audience Retention compares your video to others of similar duration, compares the most intriguing moments, and so on.