Platforms and features on social media seem to change every other week, so whether you’re just getting started or want to step up your game, you’ll need some assistance. Even if you use one of the greatest social networking platforms, you should pick a course that not only received rave ratings last year, but is still relevant now.
Only one issue remains: how can you decide which social media marketing course to take? There are many of them online, and it’s difficult to tell which ones are hosted by amateurs and which ones provide true industry expertise from reputable experts.
But don’t worry; I’ve already done the legwork for you. I looked through the most popular social media marketing courses on the most prominent online course platforms. Then I went through them to determine which ones had the most relevant, up-to-date material so you could improve your social media marketing skills to advertise your business or blog, or simply refresh your professional skills.
I checked at least 50 different courses in the end. Sure, it hurt my head, but you can now save time and money by knowing that these courses are the greatest.
What Makes the Best Social Media Marketing Courses?
These were the features we looked for when researching social media marketing courses online:
Expertise of the instructors – Do the instructors know what they’re talking about?
Content and delivery of the course – Does the course provide you with the information you require to boost your social media marketing abilities?
Duration of the course – How much time will you have to devote to learning new skills and knowledge?
Is there a certificate at the conclusion of the course that proves you’ve completed it?
Ratings and reviews – What do previous students have to say about the course and the instructor(s)?
How much will it cost you to gain access to this social media marketing training?
1. Udemy – MASTERING SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Don’t be fooled by the word “mastery” – Udemy’s Social Media Marketing MASTERY course is designed for newcomers to social media marketing. It promises to take you step by step through social media advertising, teaching you how to use various platforms to efficiently advertise your company.
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google My Business, Pinterest, and YouTube are among the major players covered in this course. You’ll also learn about blogging, SEO, and marketing tools that can help you improve your results.
There are eight hours of video, seven downloads, and 26 articles in this course. It’s available on the internet, mobile devices, and televisions. A completion certificate will be given to you at the end of the course. More than 5,000 students have given this course a 4.5-star rating.
This course, like many others on Udemy, was previously priced at a several hundred dollars. However, keep a look out for bargains. This one has been on sale for a fraction of the price, which is fantastic given that you get lifetime access to the course content.
- There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee even if you pay full price. However, if student reviews are any indication, you won’t need it.
- Coursenvy, a LA-based agency that specialises in social media advertising, produced and delivered this course.
- The course content is updated on a regular basis (about a month before the time of writing), ensuring that you always get the most up-to-date information.
- To assist students in marketing their own enterprises, the course tutor is ready to answer queries.
- The tactics discussed have been tried and tested in the real world, as they are utilised by the course tutor with clients.
2. What Is Social on Coursera?
What Is a Social Situation? from Coursera is a hands-on course that not only teaches you about social media marketing, but also shows you how to get started. Coursera is known for bringing in renowned professors from prestigious colleges, and this course is no exception. It’s part of Northwestern University’s Social Media Marketing Specialization.
Rather than focusing on individual platforms, this course takes you behind the scenes of social media so you can understand it from a business perspective and tailor your strategy accordingly. It includes topics such as social marketing, social trends, social business, and more.
There are nine hours of content in the course, and students should devote roughly three hours each week to complete it in less than a month. Both video and reading materials are included in the course content.
Thousands of students have given this course great marks for being both practical and useful. According to Coursera’s statistics, approximately half of all students enrolled in this course had a career benefit, and 16% received a wage raise or promotion.
- The training isn’t just about skills; it’s also about setting them in perspective. Students will study about the digital revolution, big data’s influence, and a variety of other topics.
- This course is subtitled in English, Spanish, Japanese, and Arabic, so it doesn’t matter if you don’t speak the language.
- You can audit the course for free, but paid students will receive more information and a certificate of completion. Although the lesson is more expensive than some of the other options, the first week is covered by a money-back guarantee.
3. Hootsuite Academy is a social media training platform.
Hootsuite is a wonderful location to start your social media training because it is the granddaddy of social media tools.
In comparison to other suppliers, Hootsuite takes a slightly different strategy. Its Social Marketing Training curriculum is made up of several mini-courses. You may begin as a novice, but by the end, you will have mastered all of the abilities that professionals employ.
The following topics are covered in the course:
- Increasing the visibility of your social media profiles
- Creating objectives and goals
- Creating a community
- Marketing with content
- Advertising on social media
Courses are offered via video and text, with some information available for download, and are provided for free. The majority of the videos are merely a few minutes long. The entire course, including activities and tests, takes roughly six hours to complete. The course content is updated on a regular basis, so you can be sure you’re getting the most up-to-date knowledge.
The Hootsuite course has no reviews, but the supplier claims to have trained over 400,000 students, including 46,000 certified professionals.
- The courses are delivered in the style of an explainer video, so you never see a real person; we found this animated approach to be engaging.
- Quizzes are given at regular intervals to ensure that you understand the topic before moving on.
- While the training is free, if you want to take the social media marketing certification exam, you’ll have to pay.
- If you finish the certification, you’ll be listed in Hootsuite’s Certified Professionals Directory, giving you more exposure among brands and potential employers.
4. Social Media Content Strategy on Fiverr
The Social Media Content Strategy course on Fiverr Learn walks you through the major components of establishing and delivering a social media content strategy. Rita Cidre, a top growth marketer selected by Hubspot and currently Marketing Manager at Qualtrics, is the course tutor.
The course is divided into 23 movies, each of which contains approximately an hour and a half of content. It covers topics such as setting social media marketing goals, identifying your target audience, defining and implementing your plan, and more.
Each part concludes with a summary and quizzes, as well as a final assessment to ensure that you’ve fully integrated your information. This course is less priced than most others, and if you don’t finish it, you can get a refund within 30 days.
Because Fiverr Learn is a new site (see our full review), this course has only a few ratings, but it has a 4.8-star rating.
To use the Fiverr Learn platform, you’ll need a Fiverr seller account.
- A badge appears on your Fiverr profile when you finish a course. This could perhaps help you score additional employment.
- The training contains a part on empathy mapping, a tool that can help you gain a better understanding of your customers.
- This is a hands-on workshop that will guide you through the process of developing your own plan.
5. LinkedIn Learning – Foundations of Social Media Marketing
The Social Media Marketing Foundations course from LinkedIn Learning is designed for beginners and offers roughly two hours of content. Brian Honigman, a social media expert and Adjunct Professor at NYU, is the lecturer.
You’ll study the advantages of investing in social media in this course. There are also suggestions for developing a social media strategy that is aligned with your company’s objectives and target audience. You’ll master the fundamentals of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat, as well as how to get the most out of social advertising.
This course also covers how to develop and maintain a social media community, as well as how to use social listening to better serve your customers.
This course has been viewed by over 60,000 people and liked by over 2,000 people. When compared to some of the other courses on our list, it’s a bargain, and you can try it out for free with a one-month LinkedIn Learning trial. It’s important to note that there are no refunds after you’ve subscribed.
- The exercise files that the instructor uses during the course are included in this course, so you can work on them at the same time.
- Video transcripts are provided, and course content can be watched offline or listened to as podcasts.
- There’s a helpful Q&A part where you can see what other people have asked and contribute your own, and the tutor is responsive.
- With a LinkedIn Premium account, you can access this course for free.
6. Academy of Digital Marketing – Best Social Media Marketing Success
Because Academy Of Digital Marketing is a new site, it’s understandable that the Social Media Success for Business.
This is primarily a provide classroom base training but also video-based classes with worksheets and materials are available. It assists you in laying the groundwork for social media success so that you may focus on the tools, ideas, and techniques that are most effective for your company.
To begin, there’s a quick review of social media and an assessment of your current situation. The majority of the course is dedicated on real-world social media for companies, businesses, nonprofits, and public relations, as well as many areas of social media strategy. This is also one of the more cost-effective solutions.
- There is a practical and live training are available.
- The instructor is a pioneer in the field of social media and the author of the Social Media Survival Guide.
- There is a 100% money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with the course, but you must claim it within 14 days.
- You’ll obtain knowledge to assist you develop your content marketing and analytics strategy, as well as social media training.
What Is The Best Social Media Marketing Course For You?
Which one should you start with now that you’ve seen our selection of the best social media marketing courses? Well, that is debatable. Take a look at our table of comparisons first, then continue reading for our recommendations.
The social media training from Coursera and Udemy has the most content if you’re seeking for depth and breadth.
If you’re just starting started, the Fiverr Learn and Hootsuite social media marketing classes are excellent resources.
You can’t go wrong with the courses from Learning.ly and LinkedIn Learning if you’re interested in the business side of social media.
What’s your best bet? Check out the introductory films that most courses provide, as well as the full course descriptions and professor bios. This will assist you in determining which course will best fill in any knowledge gaps. Take them all to become a more knowledgeable social media marketer in a matter of weeks!
Each of these courses will tell you how crucial it is to ask people to share rather than simply having those buttons on the page. As a result, I’m approaching you with a question.